Tech News, Web Development News
Visual Swirl Design Resources Tasty Snacks for the Creative Mind
- 10 Responsive Slider jQuery Pluginsby Chris Thurman on January 24, 2013 at 1:37 pm
We’ve all heard about why we should be using responsive design (beyond the fact that it’s current design trend). But the decision to go responsive raises a number of development questions. One of the biggest issues is handling media. And The post 10 Responsive Slider jQuery Plugins appeared first on Visual Swirl Design Resources.
- 13 Beautiful 2013 Desktop Wallpapers for New Yearsby Chris Thurman on January 1, 2013 at 7:26 pm
Welcome to 2013! To kick off another great year I’ve rounded up 13 of the best 2013 wallpapers. Start off the new year by making a plan to clean up your desktop. Once it’s clean, you’ll want to decorate with The post 13 Beautiful 2013 Desktop Wallpapers for New Years appeared first on Visual Swirl Design Resources.
- Desktop Wallpaper Calendars for August 2012by Chris Thurman on August 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm
August desktop calendars just a couple days late. This collection of desktop calendar wallpapers will help keep your desktops fresh as we roll through the rest of the summer. As always, I’ve hand-picked wallpapers from talented artists and designers around The post Desktop Wallpaper Calendars for August 2012 appeared first on Visual Swirl Design Resources.
- Desktop Wallpaper Calendars for July 2012by Chris Thurman on July 2, 2012 at 8:35 pm
July desktop calendars are hot off the press. 2012 is halfway gone but these fun and inspiring calendar wallpapers will surely help you get through the dog-days of summer. These fine wallpapers have been hand-picked from talented artists and designers from The post Desktop Wallpaper Calendars for July 2012 appeared first on Visual Swirl Design Resources.
- Desktop Wallpaper Calendars for June 2012by Chris Thurman on June 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm
June is here and that means it’s time laying out by the pool, catching lightning bugs, grilling out, and downloading some awesome new desktop wallpaper calendars. These wallpapers have been hand-picked from talented artists and designers that you’ve come to The post Desktop Wallpaper Calendars for June 2012 appeared first on Visual Swirl Design Resources.
Linkody’s Blog SEO, Marketing, Traffic Acquisition
- How to Build, Execute, and Optimize a PPC Strategy in 7 Stepsby Dishant Bhatt on May 11, 2023 at 12:54 pm
Search advertising is an umbrella term that encompasses a brand’s SEO and PPC strategy. Of course, one is more long-term than the other, and both can give good results if done correctly. Through search advertising, brands manage to put their product forward as an efficient answer to the user’s query and get traffic to their … Continue reading How to Build, Execute, and Optimize a PPC Strategy in 7 Steps → The post How to Build, Execute, and Optimize a PPC Strategy in 7 Steps appeared first on Linkody’s Blog.
- 10 Holiday SEO Tips to Increase Traffic & Sales (2023)by Aleksandar Dimovski on April 28, 2023 at 6:13 pm
The holidays are a time when many people do their shopping online. If you’re running an e-commerce store, you can prep it for seasonal shopping to increase your traffic and sales. In this guide, you’re going to discover 10 holiday SEO tips to ensure that your website is well-optimized for the surge in online shopping … Continue reading 10 Holiday SEO Tips to Increase Traffic & Sales (2023) → The post 10 Holiday SEO Tips to Increase Traffic & Sales (2023) appeared first on Linkody’s Blog.
- How to Integrate Social Media Into SEO Strategies?by Aleksandar Dimovski on April 14, 2023 at 6:00 pm
SEO or search engine optimization is arguably the best organic strategy to promote a business or person through a website. It is a digital marketing approach that enhances a website to effectively get it to the top positions of search engine result pages. It helps increase the website’s traffic and improves brand awareness. When looking … Continue reading How to Integrate Social Media Into SEO Strategies? → The post How to Integrate Social Media Into SEO Strategies? appeared first on Linkody’s Blog.
- X Ways Nofollow Links Affect Your Website SEOby Aleksandar Dimovski on March 28, 2023 at 6:10 pm
When it comes to SEO, getting backlinks are critical for businesses. And if you’re familiar with SEO tactics, you’ll know that ‘dofollow’ links, in particular, are critical for businesses. They are the lifeblood of a website’s success, providing a steady stream of traffic that can help a company grow and thrive. And while it’s true … Continue reading X Ways Nofollow Links Affect Your Website SEO → The post X Ways Nofollow Links Affect Your Website SEO appeared first on Linkody’s Blog.
- 10 Technical SEO Issues & Ways To Fix Themby Aleksandar Dimovski on March 14, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Identifying technical SEO issues might be simple enough through tools like Google Search Console (GSC), but applying the relevant fixes is a different matter entirely. However, every business with an online presence should prioritize technical SEO. Optimized content is essential for generating higher traffic, but unless you’re adhering to technical best practices, your page content … Continue reading 10 Technical SEO Issues & Ways To Fix Them → The post 10 Technical SEO Issues & Ways To Fix Them appeared first on Linkody’s Blog.
Detailed SEO blog by full-time search analysts
- An Update on Detailed and Digital Goliaths (I’ll Delete This in a Few Weeks)by Glen Allsopp on September 8, 2023 at 2:47 pm
I want to start by saying that I’m not sharing this update via email or social media, and I would appreciate it if it’s just left between us. That is, people who come to Detailed directly (or subscribe to the RSS feed) for news and insights on SEO and digital goliaths. Today I want to The post An Update on Detailed and Digital Goliaths (I’ll Delete This in a Few Weeks) appeared first on Detailed.
- GRV Media’s Football Sites Surpass 100M Pageviews in August (14 Brands Hit Record Highs)by Glen Allsopp on September 3, 2023 at 5:42 am
– Updated traffic numbers for August 2023 – Wrote an update on three sites they’ve revived – Updated traffic numbers for May 2023 As someone incredibly optimistic about the future of niche industry news, it’s always nice to see specific examples that are doing well. This week, GRV media announced that 14 of their portfolio The post GRV Media’s Football Sites Surpass 100M Pageviews in August (14 Brands Hit Record Highs) appeared first on Detailed.
- Exclusive: After $1.3M Sale, Finance Site GreedyRates Is Now Part of Wise Publishingby Glen Allsopp on August 29, 2023 at 6:27 am
I started writing this article on the 17th of August when I discovered the news I’m about to share but I wasn’t able to write it up as my new report on digital goliaths, Detailed Q1, had to take priority. The reaction to Q1 was incredible — thank you to everyone who took the time The post Exclusive: After $1.3M Sale, Finance Site GreedyRates Is Now Part of Wise Publishing appeared first on Detailed.
- Detailed Q: Analysing The SEO Playbook of Digital Goliaths In-Depth, Every Quarterby Glen Allsopp on August 23, 2023 at 3:03 pm
Welcome to Detailed Q: A brand new report where I share insights from the companies dominating search results and what they’re doing to stay ahead of the competition. SEO is going through the most significant shift I’ve seen in my career thanks to AI, and as someone with sites, clients and students reliant on search The post Detailed Q: Analysing The SEO Playbook of Digital Goliaths In-Depth, Every Quarter appeared first on Detailed.
- After Selling for $675,000, MoneyUnder30’s New Owner is Revealed (Title Tag “Fixed”)by Glen Allsopp on August 11, 2023 at 7:24 am
– Added commentary on the new owner and the new design they launched Last month we reported that one of the online digital media goliaths we track, XL Media, sold personal finance blog Money Under 30 for $675,000. XL Media acquired the site for $7M in August of 2017, so that’s a ~90% decrease in The post After Selling for $675,000, MoneyUnder30’s New Owner is Revealed (Title Tag “Fixed”) appeared first on Detailed.
SEO Blog | cognitiveSEO Blog on SEO Tactics & Strategies SEO Blog | cognitiveSEO Blog on SEO Tactics & Strategies
- Content Freshness & Rankings | Does Fresh Content Impact SEO in 2022?by Adrian Cojocariu on March 15, 2022 at 9:32 am
You keep hearing around that the same way true fans like their Apples fresh (I’m talking about iPhones), Google likes its content fresh. Well, it’s somewhat true, but not for the reasons you might think of! Google doesn’t necessarily favor “fresh” content. Some search queries definitely deserve freshness, while others not so much. However, The post Content Freshness & Rankings | Does Fresh Content Impact SEO in 2022? appeared first on SEO Blog | cognitiveSEO Blog on SEO Tactics & Strategies.
- Why SEO Does Not Work for You & Your Websiteby Adrian Cojocariu on February 24, 2022 at 7:48 am
So, you’re wondering why SEO does not work for you and your website, right? Haven’t you heard?! SEO is dead! Dead from all the bad jokes about it. Of course, SEO isn’t actually dead, but there are a few reasons why SEO might not be working for you and your site. We’ve gathered 14 The post Why SEO Does Not Work for You & Your Website appeared first on SEO Blog | cognitiveSEO Blog on SEO Tactics & Strategies.
- 13 Things We Learned from 10 Years of Writing SEO Friendly Blog Postsby Cornelia Cozmiuc on February 20, 2022 at 4:03 pm
We have written and optimized – for our own blog or other pages – thousands of articles and SEO friendly blog posts in the last 10 years. What better way to learn from past successes and mistakes? We’d like to share them with you, not just as a holiday gift, but mostly because sharing our The post 13 Things We Learned from 10 Years of Writing SEO Friendly Blog Posts appeared first on SEO Blog | cognitiveSEO Blog on SEO Tactics & Strategies.
- 40 Most Effective Digital Marketing Tactics and Techniques in 2022by Cornelia Cozmiuc on February 8, 2022 at 11:19 am
Everybody wants to have the possibility of choice, but the paradox is that no one wants to be some random “one” in a crowd of a hundred. With this need of any digital marketer in mind, we’ve thought of giving you the opportunity of being just that marketer who stands out. The new year of H2H (human-to-human) The post 40 Most Effective Digital Marketing Tactics and Techniques in 2022 appeared first on SEO Blog | cognitiveSEO Blog on SEO Tactics & Strategies.
- Are Web Directories Still Relevant for SEO in 2022?by Adrian Cojocariu on January 12, 2022 at 10:18 am
Web Directories have been the norm for the world wide web and for search engine optimization for a long time. But are they still relevant in this age of advanced AI Google Updates? Well, as Head of Web SPAM at Google John Mueller said, “in general, no”. But the key words in that answer The post Are Web Directories Still Relevant for SEO in 2022? appeared first on SEO Blog | cognitiveSEO Blog on SEO Tactics & Strategies.
- How to Track Your Google Keyword Rankingsby Backlinko Team on September 28, 2023 at 2:55 pm
An unmonitored SEO campaign is a half-finished one. Tracking your Google keyword rankings is vital if you want to determine if your SEO efforts are heading in the right direction. Continually ranking high for your target keywords proves that your content resonates with your audience and that the SEO tactics you implemented have been successful. … The post How to Track Your Google Keyword Rankings appeared first on Backlinko.
- SEO Automation: 17 Tasks Streamlined for Enhanced Efficiencyby Backlinko Team on September 27, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) takes a lot of time, concentration, and dedication. Some tasks demand regular attention, such as backlink analysis, keyword research, conducting site audits, and monitoring your rankings. Luckily, you don’t have to do these SEO tasks completely manually, thanks to the power of SEO automation. SEO automation is the process of leveraging … The post SEO Automation: 17 Tasks Streamlined for Enhanced Efficiency appeared first on Backlinko.
- User Behavior and SEO: A Deep Diveby Backlinko Team on August 30, 2023 at 9:00 am
Understanding how users interact with your site is vital for your SEO efforts. But how do you keep track of this? And how can you positively impact user behavior on your site? In this guide, I’m going to take you through the most important user behavior metrics. I’ll tell you: What they are exactly What … The post User Behavior and SEO: A Deep Dive appeared first on Backlinko.
- Google Analytics 4 (GA4): Ultimate Guide and Tutorialby Backlinko Team on August 17, 2023 at 9:00 am
With Universal Analytics being gradually phased out, now is the best time to get to know Google Analytics 4. Google Analytics 4 (GA4) provides you with greater data collection accuracy than Universal Analytics (UA) and allows you to track the user journey across websites and apps. GA4 also features new reports and enhanced Universal Analytics … The post Google Analytics 4 (GA4): Ultimate Guide and Tutorial appeared first on Backlinko.
- How to Perform SEO Competitor Analysisby Backlinko Team on August 16, 2023 at 9:00 am
The world of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a big, complicated, and competitive place. So much so, that it may feel like you may never outrank your rivals. But don’t despair: a little spying on your competitors’ SEO tactics goes a long way. An SEO competitor analysis is the process of evaluating and analyzing your … The post How to Perform SEO Competitor Analysis appeared first on Backlinko.
SEO Blog by Ahrefs Link Building Strategies & SEO Tips
- 23 Beginner Blogging Tips to Get Better at Blogging (Fast)by Si Quan Ong on September 27, 2023 at 8:34 am
That list is on this page. Try these blogging tips to become a better blogger and attract the loyal following you deserve. Blogging tips for beginners Establish a niche for your blogChoose a blogging platformKnow your audienceCover popular search topicsCreate…Read more ›
- The SEO Tutorial That Even Your Mom Would Understandby Si Quan Ong on September 27, 2023 at 7:06 am
New technical terms. Endless tasks to complete. And worst of all, SEOs can’t seem to agree with each other. It was frustrating for me when I started, and it must be frustrating for you too. But the reality is that…Read more ›
- How to Check Google Rankings: 3 Fast & Accurate Waysby Si Quan Ong on September 26, 2023 at 2:58 am
Never do that. It won’t be accurate because Google personalizes search results by things like your location, language, and device. Even using an incognito or private tab doesn’t fully solve the problem. To check rankings accurately, you need to use…Read more ›
- Dear BrightonSEO, You’ve Come a Long Way, Babyby Chris Haines on September 22, 2023 at 6:21 am
Here’s my breakdown of September’s event and why I think it’s come a long way since its humble beginnings in a room above a pub. OK, I know what you’re thinking: The U.K. is not the first place you think…Read more ›
LogRocket Blog Resources to Help Product Teams Ship Amazing Digital Experiences
- 15 solutions to common UX problemsby Omar Raddaoui on September 29, 2023 at 3:30 pm
This article teaches you how to troubleshoot and solve common UX design problems you may encounter during your practice. The post 15 solutions to common UX problems appeared first on LogRocket Blog.
- Getting started with LangChainJSby Mohammad Faisal on September 29, 2023 at 2:30 pm
- Driving growth through referral programsby Shehab Beram on September 29, 2023 at 1:00 pm
A referral program is a product growth strategy to encourage retained users to introduce your product to new potential users. The post Driving growth through referral programs appeared first on LogRocket Blog.
- Laravel Octane vs. Node.js: Performance and featuresby Abiodun Solomon on September 29, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Learn how Node.js compares to Laravel Octane in this detailed post with comparison code snippets, performance benchmarks, and more. The post Laravel Octane vs. Node.js: Performance and features appeared first on LogRocket Blog.
- Best headless UI libraries in React Nativeby Hussain Arif on September 28, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Learn about four of the best React Native headless UI component libraries, how they interop with Expo, and how they compare to each other. The post Best headless UI libraries in React Native appeared first on LogRocket Blog.
- What Are the Different Types of Blockchain Networks?by Jitu Bhaskar on August 25, 2023 at 10:42 am
There are multiple ways to create Blockchain solutions, but depending on the business use and requirements, it is essential to choose a suitable blockchain network. Every Blockchain is created specifically for a purpose and to address particular issues. Check out this blog to check different types of Blockchain networks including public, private, hybrid, and consortium. The post What Are the Different Types of Blockchain Networks? appeared first on Semidot Infotech.
- A Complete Guide to Content Management System (CMS)by Kapil Singh on August 22, 2023 at 11:22 am
Content management systems have made website development from scratch easier without writing lines of code. This guide to content management systems proceeds toward the details of different types of CMS systems, holding open-source options like WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla along with proprietary solutions customized to the specific needs of the industries. The post A Complete Guide to Content Management System (CMS) appeared first on Semidot Infotech.
- What Type of Content Creators Can Join App Like OnlyFans?by Rohan Singh on August 18, 2023 at 7:05 am
In the diverse world of OnlyFans, creativity knows no limits. There are different types of content creators on OnlyFans who takes part actively and takes their subscribers to different walks of their life including their passion, snippets of life, and other things. Let’s explore the different types of OnlyFans content creators who’ve found their niche in this lively community in this blog. The post What Type of Content Creators Can Join App Like OnlyFans? appeared first on Semidot Infotech.
- Best OnlyFans Alternatives to check in 2023by Rohan Singh on August 9, 2023 at 1:50 pm
There are so many OnlyFans alternatives available in the market. Whether you want to enjoy new and engaging content or need a new platform to make money as a creator, we have brought the best OnlyFans alternative recommendations with thorough research that will save your time and effort, allowing you to take steps further quickly and efficiently. The post Best OnlyFans Alternatives to check in 2023 appeared first on Semidot Infotech.
- Top Taxi Booking Apps to Check in 2023by Kapil Singh on August 9, 2023 at 9:27 am
Taxi booking apps have been the most convenient way for people to go anywhere. Not only for customers, but it is also equally advantageous for service providers. The following top taxi apps will assist you to modernize the intimidating process of Taxi booking app by providing you with basic knowledge about them. Read this blog to find out which apps have got a place in our curated list of taxi booking apps- The post Top Taxi Booking Apps to Check in 2023 appeared first on Semidot Infotech.
- Welcome to the New LimeWire: AI Media Generation (Sponsored)by David Walsh on September 22, 2023 at 12:35 am
LimeWire was a staple of my youth. LimeWire was software that allowed users to share any type of file during the revolutionary days of file sharing. Fast forward to today and LimeWire is back, again as revolutionary software, but this time in the field of AI content publishing. From creating images to music and video, The post Welcome to the New LimeWire: AI Media Generation (Sponsored) appeared first on David Walsh Blog.
- Unveiling 15+ Essential Tools & Resources for Web Designers and Agencies in 2023 (Sponsored)by David Walsh on September 12, 2023 at 10:54 am
You’ve visited countless websites, and now you’re designing your own. Stop and think for a minute about what you’ve liked and didn’t like about some of those you visited. Was it the front page, the layout in general, or the functionalities that either met with your satisfaction or turned you off? The helpful tools and The post Unveiling 15+ Essential Tools & Resources for Web Designers and Agencies in 2023 (Sponsored) appeared first on David Walsh Blog.
- queryLocalFontsby David Walsh on August 11, 2023 at 5:01 pm
- Performance Optimization Strategies in Highly Scalable Systemsby Hemanth Murali on September 28, 2023 at 7:56 pm
In today’s digital landscape, it’s not just about building functional systems; it’s about creating systems that scale smoothly and efficiently under demanding loads. But as many developers and architects can attest, scalability often comes with its own unique set of challenges. A seemingly minute inefficiency, when multiplied a million times over, can cause systems to grind to a halt. So, how can you ensure your applications stay fast and responsive, regardless of the demand? In this article, we’ll delve deep into the world of performance optimization for scalable systems. We’ll explore common strategies that you can weave into any codebase, be it front end or back end, regardless of the language you’re working with. These aren’t just theoretical musings; they’ve been tried and tested in some of the world’s most demanding tech environments. Having been a part of the team at Facebook, I’ve personally integrated several of these optimization techniques into products I’ve helped bring to life, including the lightweight ad creation experience in Facebook and the Meta Business Suite.
- Spring Boot and React in Harmonyby Tarek Oraby on September 28, 2023 at 6:53 pm
For many full-stack developers, the combination of Spring Boot and React has become a staple in building dynamic business applications. Yet, while powerful, this pairing has its set of challenges. From type-related errors to collaboration hurdles, developers often find themselves navigating a maze of everyday issues. Enter Hilla, a framework that aims to simplify this landscape. If Hilla hasn’t crossed your radar yet, this article will provide an overview of what it offers and how it can potentially streamline your development process when working with Spring Boot and React.
- Exploring String Reversal Algorithms: Techniques for Reversing Text Efficientlyby Aditya Bhuyan on September 28, 2023 at 6:23 pm
String reversal is a common operation in programming that involves reversing the order of characters in a given string. While it may seem like a simple task, there are various algorithms and techniques to accomplish string reversal efficiently. Understanding these algorithms will equip you with the knowledge to manipulate and transform text in different programming contexts. This article will explore different string reversal algorithms, discuss their approaches, analyze their time and space complexities, and provide insights into choosing the most suitable algorithm for your specific requirements.
- Multi-Tenancy With Keycloak, Angular, and SpringBootby Pier-Jean MALANDRINO on September 27, 2023 at 6:37 pm
To propose an implementation, we will present a use case that allows us to define the requirements. We will describe the functional and technical context in which we will operate and then specify the requirements. Based on these requirements, we will propose a Keycloak implementation to meet them and make the necessary adaptations on the Angular and Springboot side. Environment Functional Context This concerns an accountancy firm that provides services to external clients and has employed staff to manage the files. If a customer (external user) wishes to connect, they must create an account on the Saas application. In the same manner, when the staff (internal user) desire to work on the files, they must use their Active Directory account to log in.
- How To Perform Cypress Accessibility Testingby Enrique A Decoss on September 27, 2023 at 5:32 pm
Accessibility means designing products, devices, services, vehicles, or environments so that they’re accessible to specially-abled people. A big part of the concept is to enable people with disabilities through assistive technologies (screen readers, keyboard detection, and other assistive technology). To create accessible things means to create something that is accessible to all (whether they have a disability or not). Users can use an application to achieve established goals with effectiveness, efficiency, and convenience and not be confused with accessibility, which is how users can use an application in a specified context.
- 20+ Tools for Node.js Development in 2023by Dianne Pena on September 29, 2023 at 6:00 pm
This guide will introduce you to the top tools for Node.js development to you can streamline your workflow and create high-performance apps. Continue reading 20+ Tools for Node.js Development in 2023 on SitePoint.
- Which Backend Technology to Choose in 2023: Node vs Python?by Dianne Pena on September 29, 2023 at 6:00 am
This article compares Node.js and Python for backend development, discussing their key differences, advantages, and real-world use cases. Continue reading Which Backend Technology to Choose in 2023: Node vs Python? on SitePoint.
- How to Create CSS Ribbon Shapes with a Single Elementby Temani Afif on September 28, 2023 at 7:00 am
Learn how to use modern CSS tricks to create fancy CSS ribbon shapes with minimal code and hover animations, using just a single element. Continue reading How to Create CSS Ribbon Shapes with a Single Element on SitePoint.
- Build Your Own ChatGPT Clone with React and the OpenAI APIby Madars Biss on September 21, 2023 at 8:00 am
In this step-by-step tutorial, we walk through how to build a fully-functioning and stylish ChatGPT clone with React and the OpenAI API. Continue reading Build Your Own ChatGPT Clone with React and the OpenAI API on SitePoint.